Thursday 31 August 2017

We are all a little broken..

Hello everyone,

As you might know I really, really love my gelli plate and I have been using gelli prints for everything I make. Lately though, I feel like I have lost my way a little because I used to love making backgrounds in different ways too. I also feel that I don't do enough journaling.  So I have decided to try and get back into some of my old ways..

This art journal spread is made with acrylic paints and a brayer and I really enjoyed making it.


First I painted the pages with gesso and when that had dried I used a brayer and light blue paints to cover the pages. I added some white over the top to make it even lighter. I then added the orange, also with the brayer. Next I used various stencils and Distress Oxide inks to add numbers. I also added some washi tape and some white paint splatters. 
I coloured this little girl by Vera Lane Studio when I was on holiday and decided to use her today. The sentiment is from the same set. 

You'll find her HERE

Thank you very much for stopping by today ! 



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Corrie - from the use of gesso and brayer to the journal spread to the sentiment, it all works so beautifully! Many thanks for this - it's a great reminder! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your brayered background... it's funny how we fall in and out of crafting habits and then remember something from ages ago that we love to do! The colours are perfect, and I love the sad little girl with her truthful words.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete