Thursday 9 March 2017

Man in the moon

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my blogpost for Um Wow Studio where today I have a tag to share with you :



I have used 7Dots paper from the Writer's block series for this. I glued some pieced to a #10 tag and scraped gesso and Art Anthology Sorbet paints over it. I also added some shading with a distress Crayon. 

Here's how I treated the chipboards.




I used the man in the moon for this..




I heat embossed the solid piece with a light yellow embossing powder. I added two layers. 




In the end I thought it was too yellow and I added some shading on top with a Big Brush Marker. 



For the outline I also heat embossed this but used an ochre yellow and then also decided it was not quite right so I added some gold over the top. 





Here you can see them together... 


I had these stars left over from another project. They were gessoed and heat embossed with a holographic embossing powder. They have a lovely glittery finish. I added some brown Big Brush Marker here and there to vary the colour a little. 



And here you can see it all put together... I added some bandage which I stapled on and added some embroidery stitches. I used the same fabric at the top as a ribbon. The sentiment is from an old sticker set from 7Dots Studio called destination unknown. 

I have used these Chipboards:





Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Corrie! The moon looks fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loved this over at UmWow - it's a completely magical tag.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful tag, Corrie - I especially love what you've done with the moon. It's a knock-out with the gold contrast against the yellow. Well done!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie!!!! This is stunning. Love love LOVE!

    ReplyDelete