Tuesday 16 August 2016

Glimmer of light

Hello everyone,

For my DT post for Visible Image I have decorated one of their fabulous Monoliths. These are MDF panels that come with their own stand and are very easy to work with. Anyway, here's mine:




This is the front. 


This is the back.



A detail.


another detail. 

I gessoed the Monolith first and then used my gelli plate to put the paint on. It didn't work as I thought it would but I still liked the result. I did some background stamping with ink but also with white embossing powder. (Full list of stamps with links to the shop at the bottom of this post).
The skull and the skeletons were stamped on tissue paper and adhered to the monolith. One of the skeletons was flipped so they are holding hands and looking at each other. I stamped the sentiments directly onto the monolith but had to do some work on the 'glimmer of light' one as it didn't stamp very well. The lightbulb was stamped directly but also on white card; I coloured it, cut it out and adhered it over the top of the one on the monolith. 
That was it, I think ! Great fun to do. 

I used the following stamps & materials from Visible Image:


Social Media, Blog and monthly Challenge details :


Show & Tell Monthly Challenge details: http://visibleimage.co.uk/challenge 




3 comments: