Tuesday 1 March 2016

Just hit the play button

Hello everyone,

For today's DT post for Visible Image I have an art journal to share with you. I have used the "Just hit play" stamp set and one or two older ones.


This started out as a piece of Mixed Media paper which was painted with left over watered down Dina Wakley acrylic paint. I think it is lovely how it all blends into each other when you use the paint thin. It almost becomes watercolour paint. Anyway, I then stamped the background, using the same sort of colours Archival ink and Jet black for the script. 

When I was happy with the result I stamped the tape straight onto my page but I didn't like how that looked so I stamped it again on a piece of white card stock using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it with black fine embossing powder by Ranger. It then came out nice and black and shiny. Just like a real tape. I adhered it on top of the one that was already there with some foam tape. I added some shading here and there too. 

Next I doodled around the page and adhered the flowers and some bakers twine. I used hot glue for this. I only used part of the sentiment. I stamped it onto some gessoed music paper and adhered it above the tape. I then doodled around the words. 

The last thing I did was add some white dots for contrast. 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



Social Media, Blog and monthly Challenge details :



Show & Tell Monthly Challenge details: http://visibleimage.co.uk/challenge 




5 comments:

  1. Prachtig Corrie!! Cassette stempel is echt super gaaf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Corrie, I always love your backgrounds and that cassette tape looks so realistic. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een heerlijke zonnige kleuren (precies wat ik vandaag wel kan gebruiken...) Mooie page! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love this. Great image and background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tape certainly fools the eye because it has the appearance of a real tape which is a fabulous effect! The depth to the black and the shine really stands out against that zingy background.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete