Monday 23 November 2015

Mailart Monday !

Hello everyone,

Today, for VivaLasVegaStamps!, I am sharing a mail art envelope with you. It is a little tutorial so sit back and enjoy !

First of all the finished envelope :





Front 



And the back.

Here's how I made it:


I started out with a standard envelope. Of course you could use or make any size you want. 



First thing I did, was mask off the address section with a bit of post-it tape. You see I have used this before ! 




I decided to use acrylic paints and a brayer to create my background. It will be more weather proof with acrylic paint as well. 


Here's how it looked when I just started rolling on the paint... 



I used: Orange, pink, green and turquoise..



After I finished rolling the paint I took off the mask. 



Next is stamping ! My favourite bit !


Here is a 'halfway'look....I used different colours of ink to stamp the background.



A bit more stamping....I also doodled around the address space with a black marker. 


Here, the stamping is finished and I thought it needed some white..... 



So here is the finished product with white stencilling added.... Hope you like it....



Of course I couldn't ignore the back of the envelope....


I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 







6 comments:

  1. Je enveloppe is schitterend ! Een feestje als zo'n kunstwerk in je brievenbus valt zeg !
    Leuke stempels heb je gebruikt !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaf om te zien hoe je deze gemaakt hebt! Mooi is "ie" zekers! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful envelope Corrie, love it and seeing your process too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have art! Will travel! Nicely done, Corrie. I have Dina's tube paints as well, and love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaaf, bedankt voor je duidelijke uitleg Corrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing art envelope - and so cool to see the layers building up. This would make anyone happy, including the postman!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete