Friday 13 November 2015

Jingle your own damn bells!

Hello everyone,

For a new swap over at  the ART-EX  Facebookpage, where the theme is 'non-traditional' Christmas postcard,  I made this:


This postcard started out as a 6"x4" piece of white card stock. I painted it with a pink acrylic paint and my fingers... I used a little white to make it a touch lighter. Next I stamped one of Dina Wakley's stars three times with VersaMark and heat embossed it with white WOW embossing powder. 
I then used some of Finnabair's stamps and one Katzelkraft stamp to bring some more interest to the background. I still thought is was a little boring so I used a blue acrylic paint and a palet knife to scrape some blue over the top. I thought this looked much better. Next I stamped this grumpy cat, which is one of the cats of the new Katzelkraft set and the hat which is part of an accessories set for these cats and is also by Katzelkraft. I coloured both with Copic markers, cut them out and adhered them on the card. I did stamp the cat directly on the card as well, so I didn't have to cut out the whiskers. The sentiment is a Stampotique Stamp and was also stamped, cut out, cut in strips and adhered to the card. Lastly I went around the edge with black Archival ink. 

I hope whoever is going to get this card in this swap, will like it.  

Thank you for stopping by today ! 

4 comments:

  1. Jammer dat ik niet mee doe met de swsp ! Deze is echt geweldig ! Heel mooie kaart en schitterende tekst ! Daar ga ik vandaag de hele dag aan denken, dan blijf ik lekker goed gezind !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die kat kijkt echt "neutelig"; heeft zeker een hekel aan mutsen? :) Leuke combinatie met die tekst! Fijn weekend alvast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! I'm with him! Fabulous funky background too...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete