Wednesday 4 November 2015

Boys just want to have fun!

Hello everyone,

It is my turn to share something made for the VivaLasVegaStamps! blog. As my first love is still art journaling I couldn't resist to make another journal page. I don't journal to write down my feelings or anything but I just enjoy using colour and different techniques to create interesting pages. For me the enjoyment is the doing. So here goes:


I used Distress Inks to colour the paper: Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon for the basis background and then some Peeled Paint and Chipped Sapphire for the edges. 
I placed a stencil on the page, sprayed with water and dried it. You get a lovely lightening of the colours. Next I stamped the background randomly using a variety of stamps (list at the bottom of this post) and Archival ink in green, blue and grey and a white pigment ink. 
I then went on to stamp the birds with black Archival ink. I had to do some colouring in afterwards as I didn't stamp perfectly; I used a black marker for this. 
Next I stamped the boy on the swing, lengthened the chain up to the wire. I also stamped him on white card stock and I then coloured him in with water colour pencils, using a little bit of water to blend it. I cute the coloured image out and adhered it onto the one on the page. 
The sentiment was stamped on white card stock, cut apart, glued to the page and doodled around. 
That was it ! 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



6 comments:

  1. The chap on the swing is probably wondering what the birds are chattering about - hope they are well behaved and not about to swoop (or poop) on him! Love the great burst of colours on this page, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superleuke pagina zeg ! Dat vind ik wel erg knap dat je die stempel helemaal hebt uitgeknipt ! Ik ben daar echt niet zo'n ster in !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooie tekst en achtergrond en een leuke mannen-schommelstempel! Past goed bij de vogels! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. this does look great fun and the background colours are wonderful against that row of black birds xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever, having the guy swinging from the chain from the wire!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete