Wednesday 15 July 2015

Yellow brick road

Hello everyone,

Wednesday again ! Stampotique Challenge day ! Yay ! Today's hostess is the lovely and talented Janet. She chose 'Twinchies' as her theme and this is what she said :

"Twinchies are small works of art that measure 2" x 2". Create a set of twinchies using your favourite Stampotique Stamps."

So, that's what I did ! And I decided to use the lovely Wizard of Oz stamps designed by Janet !


First I created 5 Twinchies. I stamped some of the Wizard of Oz characters on them,  coloured everything with my Copics and doodled a little black line around each of them. Next I took my journal and painted a page in a light yellow acrylic paint by PaperArtsy. Next I used a stencil and a dimensional paint, with a bit of glitter in it,  from Art Anthology, to create the 'yellow brick road'. Once that was done and dry I randomly stamped the background. The sentiment was made by using the letter stamps on white card stock. I used the same stencil and drew a rectangle around each letter before cutting them out with my scissors. That way they are all the same size. I also drew a black line around each square. I then put everything together on the page ! 

I used the following Stampotique stamps :


Why not play along with us this week and you might just win one of two $30 vouchers to spend in the Stampotique Online Shop HERE !

6 comments:

  1. Really lovely Corrie, a great set of twinchies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful way of creating with twinchies, having a character on each one, that is so clever and I like the way you set them against the yellow brick road. Not only is this such an artistic page, it is also so clever.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zo leuk hoe je de straat en stempels uit het verhaal samen hebt gebracht! Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your yellow brick road background - the characters are great against it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete