Wednesday 11 March 2015

Star Light....

Hello fellow Crafters,

It is Wednesday and that can only mean one thing : A new Challenge over at the Stampotique Designers's Challenge blog. 

But wait, there is something else..... It's my birthday ! Yay !
I will be spending a few days with my sister in law & brother in law which will be nice !

Anyway today's host is the lovely Carol and she wants us to use one or more stars. This is what she said:

"Feature stars this week, one or more on your arty creation. As part of your background or a main feature it's up to you. Just Have fun with the challenge." 

I have made an art journal for Carol's Challenge. 



I tried to create a night sky and used Pan Pastels for this. I stamped the background, although you can't really see that and used a stencil and a whit chalk ink, which was subtle but not as subtle as in the photo. When the ink had dried I used a fixative also to fix the white ink as I wanted to put a layer of clear gesso on. If you don't use a fixative the ink will smear. (I needed the gesso so that I could shade the stars after I glued them on.) 
I drew a star and cut it out five times out of Pattern paper (Bo Bunny - C'est la Vie). I glued them on the page with gel medium and then shaded them with Big Brush Markers. I also used a white paint pen to draw some more stars. 
The rabbit was stamped on white card stock and coloured with Copic Markers, cut out and adhered on some washi tape. I made the sentiment with my old typewriter. 
That was that ! 
I used stamps from the new release:

Why not play along with us this week and maybe you will win one of the two $30 vouchers at the end of the month. Just remember, no digi's and only one entry per person per challenge.

Thank you for stopping by ! 

Hope I gave you some inspiration ! 




8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Corrie !!!!
    Ik wens je een fijne dag een creatief jaartje toe !
    Geniet van het leuke gezelschap !
    Je pagina is super ! Clear Gesso dus ... ik heb enkel witte, in Nijkerk op jacht dus...
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Corrie, a beautiful stary night! Hope you enjoy your birthday and eat lots of cake xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Carol, the bunny and stars stand out big time against that bright blue background. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pages Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een gave sterren en wat een gave achtergrond! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schitterend Corrie en wat een heerlijke knalblauwe achtergrond waardoor de sterren zo mooi uitkomen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely spread Corrie!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete