Saturday 7 March 2015

Something different (for me)

Hello everyone !

My good friend Kay is very keen on Edgar Allan Poe and is part of the DT of the Challenge blog Quoth the Raven Nevermore. I quite like the idea of Poe and thought it would be fun to play along this month. The theme is "Dream on". I made an art journal.


I glued a piece of  pattern paper in my journal after I coloured the edge of the page black with a Copic Marker. This forms a nice border around the page. I used pattern paper for the background that I distressed with Fresco Paint. I used Sage, which is a grey-green colour. I also put some of this paint on the black border. Next I stamped Poe. He is a rubber stamp from Carmen's Verandah which is sold by Lost Coast Designs. I coloured him with Copic Markers. 
I adhered him to some book text and tore around him. I also put some of the Sage paint around the torn edge. The sentiment is a quote by Poe and I typed it on my old trusty typewriter on the edge of the same book text.

It says :

'Deep into that darkness
peering, long I stood there,
wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal
ever dared to dream before'

 I also rubbed some Sage paint around these strips. After glueing them to the page I doodled around them with a black pen. 

That was it ! 

Thank you for stopping by ! 


12 comments:

  1. I am so delighted that you created something for the "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore" challenge, Corrie! It's perfect! Love that "wallpaper" background and how you framed your great stamp (when I am done here, I am off to check it out!). Love that sage color, too! Thanks again, my dear friend, for supporting me with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooi zoals alle onderdelen bij elkaar lijken te horen Corrie!
    Goed weekend verder, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooie combinatie alles bijelkaar, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely Awesome page, Corrie!! I'm totally going to go right over to LCD and order that stamp!! I LOVE EAP and need to pay attention to that challenge blog more closely! Thank you for linking up Carmen's Verandah and sharing this FABULOUS ode to Edgar Allan Poe! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Kay encouraged you to play with us at Quoth the Raven! I love his image on the print; I must try that soon! Thanks so much for sharing with us this month and hope to see you next month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABulous page and I really like your POE stamps :-D Thank you for coming over to play along with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-)

    IKE xxx
    QTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this journal...fabulous work :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful page that well honor Edgar A. Poe, and our common friend Kay! :) Fantastic quote using your old typewriter!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I love that background paper. Thank you for coming to play with us at QTR, hope to see you there again soon xx

    ReplyDelete