Monday 15 December 2014

Mad Hatter..

Hello fellow Crafters,

I did this art journal last week and thought I'd share it with you..



I painted the background with 2 shades of blue and one shade of green acrylic paint. I stamped the background with 'Fax to Wolfgang', blue on blue and green on green and then inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I also used two stencils, one with white pigment ink and one with Distress ink.
Next I stamped 'Daisy daisy' along the bottom of the page, coloured in the flowers with a white paint pen and then went over that with Copic Markers; red for the petals and yellow for the heart of the flowers. 'Mad Hatter' was stamped in white card stock, coloured and cut out. I adhered him in between the daisies. The sentiment is a quite from Alice in Wonderland and says :

There is a place
like no place on earth.
A land full of wonder,
mystery and danger.
Some say, to survive it, 
you need to be
as mad as a hatter,
which, luckily, I am!

I though it was finished then but I kept looking at it and thought it needed something more. So out came the 'Banner'. I stamped it on yellow/red pattern paper and coloured some bits in with red Copic Markers. Now it was finished...

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it... 

2 comments:

  1. Je tovert weer een heerlijke pagina in beeld Corrie!!
    Groetjes, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great inspiration here--from the Mad Hatter as well as you, my dear friend! Winner! Winner!

    ReplyDelete