Wednesday 19 November 2014

People person..

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today is my turn to set the challenge at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge Blog and I'd like everyone to make something with a stripy background. You can use ink, paint or pens whatever you like, just no ready made stripes with pattern paper !! I want you to do it yourself ! I am excited to see what you come up with but most of all I want you to have fun !!
Here is mine :


I decided to go with rainbow colours. I used two pieces of paper to mask off the stripes and used Distress Ink and a blending tool to colour each stripe. I used : Mustard Seed - Spiced Marmelade - Barndoor - Seedless Preserves - Dusty Concorde and Faded Jeans. Next I splattered some water over the top to create some interest and I also used a stencil with water to create some more stripes but you can hardly see those.. Next I randomly stamped the background and glued some inked book text circles inside the circle stamp. Bowtie was stamped on white paper and embossed. I only coloured his bow tie and his party hat. The sentiment was stamped on the edges of some book text that I also coloured with the same Distress Inks. I cut the sentiment apart and glued it to the card and doodled around it  and around the edge of the card also. I used the following stamps :

I hope you find the time this week to play along with us and maybe you will win one of two $30 vouchers to spend in the online shop HERE. Just make sure that you play by the rules which are NO digi's and only one entry per person per challenge. Good luck.

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like mine....

16 comments:

  1. Wat vind ik deze strepenkleuren mooi! En gaaf om alleen de strik te kleuren; prachtig effect geeft dat! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious color! Great idea! Love the contrast of the blah, blah, blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC background Corrie, I love strong colours ♥♥

    Great challenge too, thanks!

    Hugs, Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background Corrie! Thanks for a great theme to play with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! Love all those bright colors you have use din your background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw...wat een kleurenpracht, super mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge. Something very dpifferent, love your art today, well, everyday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those vivid strips of color, very cheerful and yes, he does look like a people person :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful vibrant colors on this background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Corrie, great fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Corrie, and what a great theme, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat een heerlijke kleuren! Wordt er helemaal vrolijk van. Bedankt voor de leuke challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your bold stripes, great theme xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful challenge this week, Corrie! I had fun with it, and I love your project here. Bow Tie is one of my favorites (right up there with Tinglyitchiness) and he looks great against all that stripy color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forget to tell you that this card is absolutely FANTASTIC. :) Your challenge was great, a wonderful idea, really sorry to have not contributed by lack of time. :) Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete