Wednesday 6 August 2014

When in doubt...

Hello fellow Crafters,

Happy Wednesday everyone.

The lovely Jackie has set today's challenge and she wants us to use a bow on our projects. Here's what she said :

"Ribbons have been around since the Middle Ages. Merchants travelled the world, buying and selling ribbon, many of which had gold and silver in the silk. ribbons were a sign of nobility and worn only by the rich. By the  seventh century ribbon was part of the fashion industry and was part of clothing.
Today ribbon has numerous uses, and it is a favourite crafting accessory, I have lots of it! 
You can make fabulous bows with it to adorn your cards, scrapbook page,  tags, journals etc.
So I would like to see you adding a bow to your project, if you don't have ribbons, bows can be made out of many mediums such as paper, clay, string to name but a few!
I looking forward to seeing your creations with a bow!"

If you fancy playing too then go over the Designers' Challenge blog and read all the rules. You could win a $30,-- voucher to spend in the SHOP

I did an art journal and this is it :



I am really liking these 'rhubarb and custard' colours at the moment and couldn't resist using them again today. I used water-soluble crayons for the background and then stencilled over the top with distress inkt in similar colours. I splattered some black ink over it and used the same ink and some white paint to stamp the rings. Lastly I used 'fax to Wolfgang' to stamp some text. Next I stamped 'Miss Snottie' three times, coloured her, cut her out without her original bow and replaced them with real bows. I glued all three of them on the pages and lastly created the sentiment with sticky letters. To finish off I drew a line around the pages and used some charcoal around the sentiment and faded it a bit with a blending stump.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it .....

7 comments:

  1. Weer een heerlijk resultaat....mooie kleuren en te gek die strikken in het haar....de tekst is zo leuk toegepast Corrie!
    groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so much fun, Corrie...from the color to the background stamps to the quirky sentiment to the bows in Ms. Snottie's hair, it is perfect! (I really, really must remember to order "Fax to Wolfgang.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zo gaaf hoe je de strikken hebt verwerkt! Zo natuurlijk dat ze me eerst geeneens opvielen... Mooie spread weer; apart met die kleuren! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page Corrie, they look fab with the bows. I love rhubarb and custard mm ;O xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous pages Corrie, I love the colours, and Miss Snottie looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leuke uitwerking gemaakt, Corrie!
    Die Snottie is echt een schatje😜

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Beyonce's tune If You Like you better put a ring on it going on in my head after reading your words lol. Fantastic journal love the colours very much, great fun pages :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete