Friday 22 August 2014

Live, Laugh, Love


Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I had a very enjoyable day crafting with some recently purchased Crafty Individuals stamps. I did and art journal. This is it :



I apologise for the weird angle of the picture but I had great trouble catching the true colours of this journal; it only seemed to work at this angle. Anyway, last week I really enjoyed putting ink on the paper with a brayer so today I did the same with acrylic paint. I like the result. I did some background stamping and splattering. The rabbits were stamped on watercolour paper and water coloured with Distress Inks. I glued them on the page and put some twine underneath them for some added interest. I also stamped a butterfly on the background 3 times and decided I didn't like it. So I had to think of a way to get rid of them. That is why there are circles on the page, I cut those from a gelliprint that had the same paint colours on it. I adhered the three biggest ones on top of the butterflies and the little ones randomly. I used different bottle caps to stamp the circles with india ink around the circles. Lastly I stamped the sentiment which is part of a free stamp that came with a Craft Stamper.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it....

5 comments:

  1. Leuk die stempels (echt iets voor jou om daar lekker grappige creaties mee te maken!) Mooie kleuren en een feestelijke spread geworden! Fijn weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat is er veel te zien door de achtergrond heen...gaaf...en dan die leuke stempel erop,
    heerlijke spread, Corrie.
    groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And of course, I LOVE this fabulous page with my favorite bunnies stamp... Love your coloring here! And the added circles are great too, it's always wonderful to change mistakes in beauty, isn't it? Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great journal spread, Corrie. Had you not mentioned the great "cover up" here, I would have thought your circles were part of your master plan! Turned out great! I have to say, too, that I like the use of just a hint of that scalloped border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and love your black and white splats xxx

    ReplyDelete