Thursday 1 May 2014

I do like to be beside the seaside..

Hello fellow Crafters,

Over at the Tag Along Challenge blog the theme is 'By the seaside'. I had fun this afternoon making this tag for it:


I used another of my recently made Gelli Prints for the background. It is really great to have ready made backgrounds on hand.... Oops, I am getting lazy... I cut a tag out of the print and used three stamps from a set from Crafty Individuals. The water ripples, the sentiment and the seagulls. The lady in her trendy swimsuit with matching hat is from Lost Coast Designs. I just had to remove the original lady from the ripples to be able to put this one in. Also I had to cut her legs off. She is still wearing socks and shoes in the full image ! I stamped the ripples straight on the tag and used two blue Faber Castell Big Brush markers to create the water around it. The seagulls were also stamped straight on the tag and I used a white paint pen to highlight them. 
The lady was stamped on white card stock, coloured, clear embossed, cut out and glued in the ripples. Next I stamped the sentiment straight on the tag and used the same white pen for some highlights. 
Lastly I inked the edges of the tag with black ink, matted it on black and blue card stock and put the ribbon through.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it....

7 comments:

  1. Wat een mooie tag! Die gelliplate-achtergrond is super! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely - gorgeous intense colours, and I love that image!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Thirties look on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice, I love the texture in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your tag, Corrie! Yay for Gelli prints, and yours is great. I love your resourcefulness in creating your own scene with bits'n'pieces from here'n'there!

    ReplyDelete