Saturday 26 April 2014

If I only had a brain..

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today we have the first 'Koningsdag' here in the Netherlands. It is when we celebrate the birthday of the King and there is lots going on. So I went to a market in our village hoping that I would find some nice bits for Mixed Media like lace,  fabric or old books. Alas, no such thing... it was mostly 'a load of old tat' !! It was fun having a look though.

When I came back I decided to do some more Art journaling and there was one more I had to do for my series of the Wizard of Oz and this is it :


I painted the pages with acrylic paint in a few green, ochre yellow and brown shades (gesso first). I then rubbed bits off again with a baby wipe because I didn't want solid colour. I used a Dylusions stencil with Distress inks in green and brown to do the leaves. I highlighted some of the leaves with a white gel pen. I used 'Fax to Wolfgang' and brown Archival ink to stamps some text on the pages and used two homemade stamps; one a rubber O-ring I glued on a woodblock with brown ink and a harlequin stamp which I made from some foam packing material and white ink. I also went around the edges with a blending tool and some brown ink. 

The flowers were stamped on white card stock with yellow ink, I doodled the middle and clear embossed them. after cutting them out I glued them on text paper and cut them out with a little border. I then decided where I wanted them and glued them on the page. I even used the bit I cut off the most right one and glued it down the bottom. Next I stamped 'Scarecrow', (designed by the very talented Janet Klein)  coloured him, clear embossed him and cut him out. I glued him on the page on some washi tape. The last thing was to print out some more lyrics of a song from the film, cut it into strips and adhering it to the page. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it.....

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe, fab pages and great title!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this has to be my favorite Wizard of Oz spread from you, Corrie! I love that image more than the rest, I think, but here I love the colors and layout, too. Perfect lines for Scarecrow! I love seeing your background stamps here (have missed using the ones I have for the challenges). Happy birthday to your King!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a fabulous Konigsdag - sorry there was only tat to be found on the market though!

    What fabulous pages these are - lovely spring meadow colours, and perfect colouring on the Scarecrow himself - just brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete