Monday 24 March 2014

The Journey

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I made an Art Journal page that I would like to share with you. I am quite addicted to the colour combination of turquoise,  lime green and yellow that I used for my last Round Robin contribution. So I decided to use it again today.


I used a sheet of watercolour paper because I didn't want the Dylusions to go all over my journal.  I sprayed the paper with water, then with Dylusions in the colours I mentioned. I then dried it and used a baroque stencil and water to lift some of the colour off. I thought it was a bit too bright so I lightly brushed it with gesso. I stuck some tissue paper with music notes on it in a few places and did some background stamping. I also used my top and India Ink to make the black rings and splatters and my O-ring (glued on a bit of wood) with white ink for the white rings.  I also went along the edge with a blending tool and some Black Soot Distress Ink. The row of houses is a stamp from Stamp Addicts and it was stamped three times on tissue paper and clear embossed. I cut it out and glued it on the page with acrylic medium. I then stamped the Flying Machines with Archival but only after I stamped it on some scratch paper first so it became grey. Lastly I used a Tim Holtz rub-on for the sentiment and adhered the page in my journal. 

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it....



5 comments:

  1. This is definitely a masterpiece, Corrie! I love creating on watercolor paper, and this is especially true when spraying! A lot of techniques new to me in this one, and it is appreciated that you would share some of your "secrets" with us. Mwah! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent - I just love those rooftops, and the india ink ring stamping is so cool! Love the colour combination and the bleached flourishes look amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is such movement from the flying machines that it is almost as though they are heading straight towards me.
    Beautiful, inky background and lovely the way you blended towards the edges.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous page Corrie, love the stamps you used and you're right, these colours fit perfectly together!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete