Friday 1 November 2013

The 10th Tag Along Challenge

Hello fellow crafters,

I've been very busy this week with all sorts of non-crafting things but today I had a bit of time and I made two tags. The first on is for the 10th challenge over on the Tag Along Challenge blog. This weeks theme is "Day of the dead". It is a festival that is celebrated mainly in Mexico and this is what I made:
 
I started with a # 8 Manilla tag on which I glued some tissue paper. Then I painted it with Broken China Distress Paint and did some background stamping. I aged the edges with dark blue Archival ink. I then stamped on the flourishes. The one next to the head is actually a rub on. I doodled around them a bit with a white gel pen. I then drew a skull (from an example) on some white paper and  decorated it with a few punched out flowers and gem stones and used permanent markers for the rest of the decoration. I found the sentiment on the internet and it means : 'The ones alive need everything, the dead need nothing'. It was glued on pink ribbon on which I doodled some white dots.   I mounted the tag on yellow cardstock and put some ribbon through the hole securing it with a staple.
Thanks for stopping by !
Hope you like it....

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Corrie, I absolutely love this tag! That's a fantastic hand drawn skull and the quote is great.

    ReplyDelete