Friday 18 October 2013

Journey

Hello fellow Crafters,

Here is the second helping for today. I made this mini art journal this afternoon after I came back from a visit to a craft exhibition; well I had to used some of my new goodies !

 
This page was started with Pan Pastels in turqoise which wasn´t vibrant enough for me so I then went over with Distress Ink in Salty Ocean.  I then stamped on of my new stamps on it which was one of Tim Holtz' set Remnants CMS 130 but you can´t really see it anymore. It´s the one with the street names, places in I think New York.
I then did some more background stamping in blue and black and aged the edges of the page with black Archival Ink. I used some of TH´s rub ons which are also called remnants. The word journey and the little stars are stickers from a set I bought today. The journey sticker was placed on some thin corrugated paper which I destressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The little man is called Head and is from Stampotique Originals.
He was stamped on white paper, I coloured just his face and his trousers today and paperpieced his shirt and shoes. I did still clear emboss the image after that. The wings are from a collage sheet from DeviantScrap.com. I think that was it.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it .....

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! You are such an enabler, Corrie! I just had to place "Head" on my wish list for Stampotique images!! He is absolutely adorable (love your paper piecing) with his wings! I am a huge fan of brown and blue being used together, so love the journal page for that reason, too! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja kan me voorstellen dat je gelijk aan de slag moet met je nieuwe spulletjes.
    Leuk zo'n mini journal, het ziet er prachtig uit!
    Fijn weekend! Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colorful page, love the idea and realization.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous, love love it...!! Hugs Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I love that you have these DT stamps and how you create with them! I wish I had more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those wings just make him look soooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wings just make him look soooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete