Thursday 18 May 2017

Pardon my French



Hello everyone, 

Today I have a quick art journal to share. I had these stamps for a while but hadn't had time to try them out. They are by Catherine Moore and they are Paper Dolls essentially. There are whole 'people' and bits of people so you can build your own. I just had a play to see what it would look like. 



First I made a background with PaperArtsy Acrylic Fresco paints and added some stamping with a foam stamp (Flower; very faint in the background) and some PaperArtsy Stamps and grey and green Archival Inks. Next I build this lady and I thought it was cute to stamp the 'skirt' straight on the page and the body and head on book paper. I then put them together. the little labels were stamped on the same book paper and randomly adhered as was the sentiment. If you look closely you can see that the language on the book text is indeed French ! 

Anyway I had fun making this. 

Thanks for stopping by today ! 


2 comments:

  1. What fun - I've not played with paper dolls in decades, but this looks like a great way to do so! LOVE the whole page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MON DIEU! I left half of my gown at home!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete