Monday 1 August 2016

Beach

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my blog. Over at the Country View Crafts Challenge blog it is time for another challenge. This time the theme is 'Hot summer days' and it was chosen by the lovely Jane. You can find her blog HERE.

I have made an art journal page using all my Deco Arts Goodies...

I'll start with the finished product and then explain how I made it with some photos... So sit down, get a drink and enjoy !



This is how it looks. I love this stamp. It is by Stampotique and is called Beach Beauty. 




I started with Texture Sand Paste and 2 colours of acrylic paint. I mixed them up and added them at the bottom of my Mixed Media paper to depict a sandy beach ! 



I think it looks pretty good ! 



I knew stamping on this would be really difficult so I stamped the bottom of the Beach Beauty onto the sand. The image was grey so I took some black Deco Art Fluid Acrylic to paint the shadows. Now it all looks black. This will all make sense later.....



Next I used white and two shades of turquoise to paint the sea/sky; you decided !! 



...and this is the result... 



Next it is time for stencilling. I took this Andy Skinner stencil and chose the word beach to go at the top of my page using black paint.. 


This is how it looks with the stencil still on. I did put some tape on the sides to keep it in place. I also used a little piece of paper at the bottom (because the word was at the bottom of the stencil and you might get paint where you don't want it). 


This is how that looks.


I thought the blue looked a bit bare so I decided to use another stencil; this time with the darkest turquoise paint. I used it very thinly with a blending tool. 


This is how that looks... 


I then thought the word 'beach' was a little stark, so I got out my white paint pen and doodled in and around the letters... later I added a thin black line around the white... 


Next I stamped the Beauty with Memento ink and coloured her with Copic Markers. Memento is Copic friendly. If you use Archival or StaZon it will bleed....


Here she is in all her glory... 



I then cut her out, losing all the shading at the bottom. Here is why I stamped her on the page before....



Now it all fits together... 



I forgot to take a photo, but I did use a text stamp to make the background more interesting. I also used Titanium White Fluid acrylic and a bottle cap to make some circles... 



And here she is again, all complete.

I hope you'll play along with us this month !!! 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 



11 comments:

  1. Wow Corrie that's very clever...the texture for the sand is perfect and she really does look very sunny. Great piece, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the retro look. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does fit together beautifully Corrie. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely thought-out and well-made card! Perfect for the summer theme! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful design, fabulous stenciling and I love that image! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great beach scene! Such a lovely stamp too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we were thinking along the same lines!! Brilliant make Corrie - fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love that sand you created, it is just the most perfect beachy scene.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Corrie, and I really enjoyed seeing how she came together. This texture sand really is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is really sitting at the beach! This is absolutely gorgeous, Corrie! I love your beach beauty, fabulous page!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Fabulous Corrie, love seeing how it came together. Debsxx

    ReplyDelete