Tuesday 5 April 2016

Fancy a cuppa

Hello everyone,

For today's VLVS! Challenge Inspiration I have made a tag. This was a little different for me,  as there are no bright colours on this !



I started with a #8 tag which I cut from a sheet of Tim Holtz pattern paper pad called 'French Industrial'. It was stamped with a coffee ring stamp and Archival ink. ( A complete list of the stamps I used it at the bottom of this post). 
Next I cut a circle from some corrugated cardboard card stock and painted some gesso over it to lighten it a little. I then took my Archival ink pad and dragged it over the edges. 
Next I glued the circle onto the tag and then used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges. I then rubbed the edges with the Archival ink also. 
The lady was stamped on white card stock and coloured with Copic markers. She was cut out and adhered onto the circle. Lastly the sentiment was stamped and the leather cord added through the hole. 

Here is the inspiration board this tag is based on:


The words to go with this : caffeine, coffee, tea, warm drinks, hyper, cups, fancy, stain, brown, vintage, cardboard, tan, brown, black.

Here are the stamps I have used:


I hope I have given you some inspiration to play along !! You might win a grab bag of lovely pink rubber.....





8 comments:

  1. Ha ha great image, great tag
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neutral palette and what a fun tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this post with a cup and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een geweldig leuke tag !!!!
    Ik ga eens kijken voor de challenge !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niet veel tijd gehad deze week, maar toen ik deze op het snelle rondje zag moest ik toch even langskomen; zo grappig deze! Gaaf! Zie je dit weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misschien zondag middag even.. Groetjes en veel plezier!

      Delete
  6. The neutral colours are so unusual for you, you work with them so brilliantly!
    That woman is buxom to say the very least LOL.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leuke kaart! Ik moet wel erg lachen om die stempel haha!

    Groetjes Petra

    ReplyDelete