Thursday 3 March 2016

Prendre le temps

Hello everyone,

For my DT Post for Katzelkraft today I have made a card.



The background for the front panel was made with watered down left over acrylic paints. I hate throwing stuff away so I always try to use up what I have. I really liked this rainbow effect and decided to use it for this card. 
I started with stamping the drops with VersaMark ink and then I heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I stamped over the top with the circles in similar colours to the background and the script with black Archival ink. I already decided where I wanted the main image and the sentiment so I left some room for those. 
Next I stamped the main image on some pattern paper with text; I only wanted the clock. I then stamped the image again on white card stock and lightly coloured it with pencils. I then cut out the head with the hat and glued it on the clock I had already stamped. I also stamped the image on the card directly so I didn't have to cut out the hands of the clock. 
I adhered the head which I glued on the clock onto the card panel and then had a complete image again. Can you still follow it ! Lol 
The sentiment was then stamped at the bottom and I used a white gel pen to make the letters stand out more. 
I then mounted the finished panel on some black card stock and the whole thing onto a white card. 

I have used the following stamps (Click on the numbers and they will take you straight to the shop :) :



Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



2 comments:

  1. Ooo love this, the white embossing is brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blended colours in the background - great ombre effect, and the layering of the stamped image works brilliantly. Love the white highlighting of the lettering too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete