Saturday 6 February 2016

Nevermore

Hello everyone,

I have made a card for the Stempelwinkel's 2nd challenge for this year called 'words'.  I thought it would be fitting to use a writer as the main image for this challenge so that is what I did:


I used book text as my base (more words) and added some gesso to make it a little softer. Next I stamped 'nevermore' and made a mask leaving a little border so it would create the white edge around the word. Next I stamped Edgar over the top. 
I coloured the background around him with diluted acrylic paints and when that had dried used some background stamps to add a little more interest. I also drew a little black line around the panel. Lastly I stamped the 'dream' sentiment, cut it into strips, adhered it onto the panel and doodled around them.
Than was it ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today !!! 



6 comments:

  1. I confess to not being a fan of Poe but I love this Corrie.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poe is such a wonderful choice for your theme. Brilliant.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weer een mooie quote en heerlijke kleuren! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mooie kaart, prachtige achtergrond, en inderdaad.... wat past er beter bij het thema Woorden dan een schrijver? Perfect!
    Dank je wel dat je weer meedoet met de challenge bij De Stempelwinkel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea to use Edgar for this theme! Beautiful card, Corrie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah, Mr. Poe. That's so great. And I so love this quote ... Thank you everso much forp laying along with our de stempelwinkel challenge. Best, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete