Thursday 20 August 2015

Spread your wings

Hello everyone,

For the last few days I have been wanting to do 'something else'. So today I did do something else. I made an art journal in my Moleskine journal and didn't use a stamp as a main image. I hope you like this one too !! Please let me know what you think...



This journal was started with gesso, after which I used a stencil and some heavy gel medium to make the pattern. I thought the gel medium would resist the sprays.... not so. 
I used 4 Lindy's Stamp gang sprays: 

Café au lait
Clam Bake Beige
Blue Hawaiian Blue
Afternoon Delight Denim

I kept spraying, drying and dripping until I was happy with the result. I used some Finnabair stampsand  a bottle top to embellish the background and also a stencil from Tim Holtz. 
The main image is one of Tim Holtz' Photo Booth photos. I distressed it a little to make it look older. 
I used some stuff I had lying around to make a mat for this photo strip. I used some book paper, some fabric and a bit of lace. 
Next I stamped the butterflies (Finnabair) on some gessoed book paper and coloured it with the Blue Hawaiian Blue spray. I stapled them here and there. 

Lastly I stamped the sentiment (Finnabair) on the edge of some of the same book paper and glued it on the opposite page, finishing it off with some more butterflies and a date stamp. 



Some details...





Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



4 comments:

  1. Glad you found something else to do Corrie, it's fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtig, erg mooi van kleur!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrie,
    I absolutely love this! The colour is so intense yet at the same time there is a lovely delicate nature to the page and the flow of the design especially with the butterflies makes for a compelling composition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Corrie, just love everything. Wishing you a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete