Tuesday 23 December 2014

Little 'Love' canvas..

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today for my DT post for Lost Coast Designs I made a canvas. These wonderful stamps are available via www.Inkadinkadutchies.nl if you live in the Netherlands or Europe..



I started off with a canvas board and covered it with tissue paper. I toned it down slightly with gesso and when that was dry I painted it with 'Broken China' Distress Paint. Next I used a stencil and put the flowers and the little crosses on with model paste and the hearts with Glass Bead Gel.
Next I used some Sand Texture paste around the edges and after it dried I dry brushed it with a mixture of Paynes Gray and Quinacridone gold. This resembles rust. I also used the Quinacridone gold to age the rest of the canvas. Next I rubbed the model paste with black Archival inkt and also stamped the background randomly.
The large heart was made from a corrugated envelope. I ripped it here and there and painted it red. After that dried I aged this as well with the same mixture of Paynes Gray and Quinacridone Gold.
Next I wrapped some twine around the canvas and created the bow by just wrapping the twine around my hand and securing it in the middle by tying it to the wrapped twine. It was then time to adhere the heart to the canvas. I used gel medium for this. I used two shades of brown Big Brush Pens to add shading around all the hearts. The last thing I did was stamping the word 'LOVE', cutting the letters out and adhering them to the heart with gel medium..

I used the following stamps: Magic Dictionary and License Plate Alphabet.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it ....



7 comments:

  1. I do indeed. Love the subtlety of the flowers in the background and the contrast between the background colors and your beautiful red heart. The twine ties it all up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely Corrie, love your big heart, great on your background! and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very good Christmas's Eve! Hugs Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super canvas Corrie,ik vind 'm erg mooi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super heart canvas Corrie. Have a wonderful christmas
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the large red heart on your pretty bg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leuk en lekker anders! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love working on canvas board, Corrie, and your result here is absolutely lovely. Such a great contrast between your red heart and the more vintage background colors. Super artistic use of the twine in this piece, wrapping up all the perfection!

    ReplyDelete