Thursday 2 October 2014

Embrace imperfection...

Hello fellow Crafters,

Last month I won $10 worth of Lost Coast Design Stamps in their Challenge. So I used one of them for this art journal. I enjoyed making this.



The pages were painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Paints in different shades of yellow. I then looked in my stash and found a piece of paper that was coloured with purple and yellow Distress Ink. So I decided to use a die and cut it up. Next I shuffled the pieces around on the paper until I liked it and then glued them down. I did some background stamping and then went over to do the main image. She is called 'Head in hands'  and is from Lost Coast Designs and I think she is lovely. She was stamped with purple Distress Ink on a bit of book paper that didn't have any text on it. I doodled around the image and stapled it onto some corrugated cardboard. I did the same to the sentiment, which I stamped with black Archival and is from a Tim Holtz set. The butterflies on the left trellis are from VLVS! I stamped them on the book paper with black Archival ink after I coloured it with purple Distress ink. The last thing was a doodled line around the pages. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....

9 comments:

  1. Mooi! Beetje baroque/vintage en die kleuren zijn zo mooi bij elkaar! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een leuke geheel, strogeel en paars...het komt prima uit bij elkaar...leuke stempel ook Corrie!
    groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful color combo, lovely Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. prachtig! mooie kleurencombinatie en die stempel is ook schitterend!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooie pagina, Corrie, weer even een andere stijl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages especially as it is using something you won!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great win! This is absolutley lovely, Corrie. I keep eyeballing that die. You've used it so beautifully here and of course your color choices are spot on.

    ReplyDelete