Saturday 1 February 2014

Just be U

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today is the 1st of February and that means it is my turn to post some more art. I made this art journal using Roc's 'Just Be U' stamp. You can get this and all other Roc Stamps from Stampotique Originals HERE.

Also don't forget to check out Roc's blog and FB page !!!



I started by painting my journal page with water colours in yellow, orange and red. I then took a stencil and used Distress Inks in similar colours to create the flowers. I used a black and a white pen to doodle around some of the flowers to create a bit more interest. I drew a 'washing line' on which a placed some birds. These birds were isolated from the 'just Be U' stamp and coloured, clear embossed, cut out and glued on the washing line. I then stamped the whole 'Just Be U' stamp, coloured it with alcohol markers, cut it out and glued it on the page. That was it.

Thanks for stopping by !


Hope you like it .....

11 comments:

  1. learned great technique here, Corrie! cute journal page , my kinda colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corrie, Im new to your blog and love all the wonderful bright colours you use. You are an inspiration to me as im just learning to art journal.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill, hope you are having fun learning !
      Corrie x

      Delete
  3. prachtige creatie, leuk!
    Volgens mij hebben we vandaag samen een workshop gevolgd bij de craftorij,
    nu ik je foto zie bij je blog valt het kwartje,haha
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin, ik was ook bij de Craftorij. Grappig, nu ik jouw foto zie, zie ik het ook. Wat jammer, had graag een praatje met je gemaakt.
      Volgende keer beter !!!!
      Corrie x

      Delete
  4. Those yummy colours remind me of fresh fruit and summer days, it radiates such warmth and those birds, they are the most fun.
    Always love your art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever to have those birds carrying such an important message, Corrie! Both the stamps and what your have done with them scores big artistic points! Way to go! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, and yummy colours indeed !! Happy Sunday Corrie. Hugs Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing Correie, I love Roc's little birds on the washing line. If only the weather outside was a sunny as your piece xx

    ReplyDelete