Friday 7 February 2014

Girlpower

Hello fellow Crafters,

I made this art journal page today.



I bought some twinkling H2O's and glimmer mists to try when I was at the Craftorij last Saturday. So first I used my new sprays and H2O's to make the background. I can't say that I am very impressed with the 'glimmer factor'. I always buy 2 or 3 from a new article so I can try it out before deciding to buy a lot of them. In this case I don't think I will buy more.
I used a stencil and some white ink to put the letters on the background and also used a stamp with numbers and a bottle cap to make the rings. After stencilling and stamping I splattered some black ink on it and doodled a line around it. So that was the background. I also bought this Doll Stamp en stamped her on white card stock, coloured and clear embossed her. I glued her to some pattern paper with text to make her stand out a bit more. She is standing on some gessoed book page paper which I cut out by hand and stamped the word 'girl power' on.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it….

4 comments:

  1. Adhering the doll stamp to the text background really makes it stand out, a brilliant idea Corrie.
    I love the use of white for the background for your letters - makes them stand out so clearly. I also really like the hand cut scallop edge for the letters.
    Fabulous!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice page Corrie. The letters inside the banner are perfect! Love your Prima doll too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - stunning colours, Corrie - so uplifting!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!

    Great background and coloring of the doll.

    Try putting a pea-sized bead into the Glimmer Mist. The bead helps disperse the glitter when you shake the bottle.

    ReplyDelete