Thursday 6 February 2014

Birthday card

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I made a card for Challenge # 7 over at the Stamping Cottage. This time it is a colour challenge: Yellow - Green - Blue. This is what I made:


I made the background by using a homemade polkadot stencil and model paste. I then covered everything in gesso. I coloured it with Distress Inks in Peeled paint, Salty ocean and Mustard Seed. I then 'ghosted' another stencil on the top. (Put a stencil on, sprayed it with water and mopped the water up which makes the lighter pattern.) I coloured another bit of paper with the same colours and ghosted it with the same stencil. I used a Stampotique stamp (Carol's flower, Large) as the focal point and cut it out. I then cut another circle from white card stock and glued the focal image onto that. The whole thing was then adhered to the card with pop dots. Lastly I stamped the happy birthday (also Stampotique) and adhered the panel to the card.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. The background is sensational! I like the use of circles from the polka dot background and the circle for the focal image.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. dit is wel zo'n mooi kaartje, ook een geweldige uitdaging, misschien ook maar eens mee doen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Great background and use of circles.

    ReplyDelete