Saturday 30 November 2013

Live

Hello fellow Crafters,

This is my second post for today, yes I have been busy but I just love playing with paper, ink, stamps and paint.  I decided to make another tag :


I started this #8 tag a few days ago where I was experimenting with model paste. I smeared a layer over this tag and then used an old credit card to get some texture in it. I used the side and pressed it repeatedly into the model paste in two directions so it has a sort of woven effect if that makes any sense.
When this was dry I sprayed the whole thing with Dylusions in yellow, lime, turquoise and blue but I didn't like it so I sprayed it with water and dried it with a rag which removed most of the colour. I then used Distress Inks instead and added a bit of orange in a few places. I then dry brushed it with gesso. That looked better and I used some vintage photo to distress the tag a little. I then splattered black and white ink on it and stamped the circles using white gesso. The image is called Bird Lady and is by Stampotique. I stamped her, coloured her in the usual way and placed her on some dictionary paper with the word 'bird' just visible next to her head. I used some washi tape and lace to ground her. I matted the tag on turquoise card stock and finished it off with another bit of the same lace and the sticker in the left top corner. 

Thanks for stopping by !!

Hope you like it…...

7 comments:

  1. A lot of yummy detail in a pretty small space, Corrie, but I love it! I really like that you put Bird Lady on the dictionary text (love doing that!). It took a while to get the background as you like it, but it was worth the time and effort in my book. The colors blended beautifully...and such texture! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that background that you have created, this is a fabulous tag
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erg leuk Corrie, vogelvrouwtje is zo'n bijzondere stempel die je heel mooi hebt gebruikt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did the background, the whole tag looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete