Sunday 10 November 2013

Life is sweet

Hello fellow Crafters,

This is my second post for today and after I finished the art journal in the post before this one, I allowed myself to play with my new stamps. ;o) This is my first project with Lollipop. Is it a girl or a boy ?? Well, she is wearing a mini skirt so I will assume it is a girl.

 
This is a page in my mini Moleskine journal.
The background is one of my experiments from last week with gesso. I painted it lightly with Distress paint.  I did do a little bit of background stamping with blue ink but you can't really see it. You can see the black dotted circles though, I stamped those with Archival ink which I also used to go around the edges of the page. I stamped Lollypop on white paper, coloured her with watercolour pencils and clear embossed her and Bushes on booktext which I coloured also with watercolour pencils but didn't emboss them. The sun came from a free stampset, which I got with a magazine and was also stamped on booktext and coloured with watercolour pencils. I cut everything out and glued it on the page. I thought about this sentiment because of the lollypop and made it with a Dymo labelmaker.
 
Thanks for stopping by !
 
Hope you like it.....

8 comments:

  1. Just seen this on FB, great page to start your mini journal off with.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun and it really is bold and beautiful as is Lollypop herself!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. erg leuk Corrie, deze is vast ook ge-embost, top techniek! zag je het op mijn Gesso uitwerking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja die zag er goed uit. Fijn dat ik jou ook nog wat kan leren ;o).
      Corrie

      Delete
  4. Schitterende creatie! Herelijke van kleur!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. nou dat moet natuurlijk heerlijk zijn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, love the scene and the brilliant colours you chose for the background and your cute monster !! Hugs Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you created a scene in which Lollipop takes her debut on your table!! I think she is a girl, too, even thought she is wearing that masculine cap! ;-) Nicely played, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete