Friday 29 November 2013

Hearts

Hello fellow Crafters,

This week over at the Tag Along Challenge blog the theme is hearts and was set by Deborah.
This is what I made :



This is a #8 tag which I covered in model paste with a painters knife. I left it as I put it on because I liked the texture. With a pencil I scratched the heart in it very roughly. When it was dry I smooshed 3 different colours of Distress Ink pads on it, I used pink, orange and yellow. I rubbed the colours with a rag to soften them a bit and to make them blend. I then dry brushed some gold acrylic paint over it. It is a shame you can't see the true shimmer that put on it. I still thought the texture wasn't obvious enough so I took a brown Archival ink and rubbed it lightly over all that texture to make it stand out a bit more and that worked. I used the same ink pad to age the edges. I traced the heart with a black marker and put some rub ons on. Lastly I stamped the sentiment which is from Stampotique on book text, cut it apart and aged the edges and stuck it on the tag. The tag was matted on dar red card stock and a little bit of raffia in the same colour finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful pink and orange on your heart! classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Corrie. Love how you scratched the heart - like carving a heart on a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Corrie, Leuk al die onderstaande variaties,
    Ook deze tag!

    Succes met je VLV avontuur, zal voor je duimen.
    Ennehh geniet ervan die dagen die nu voor je liggen....tot gauw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful tag, Corrie! Love the hand-etched heart!! This has a definitely richness to it which I love.

    ReplyDelete